History

Original co-op Original Co-op in 1976 Breaking ground for new coop The Old and the New Ringside New Gasbar 1987 Ringside Arial view of co op corner The co-op from ringside

Hornby Island Co-op serves its customers as a general store. It was started in 1955 as a way for island residents to provide themselves with food, fuel, household and hardware needs at fair, reasonable prices. It was, and is still, a way to combine our community buying power and resources for common advantage.

Our aim is to provide good value, a wide selection, fair prices and the best possible service in one-stop island convenience.